Sunday, 10 June 2007

The first post

Wow, the first post... what to write?

I think this blog'll not be about me all that much. It kind of weirds me out to put a bunch of stuff out there for anyone's careful pouring over. If you'd like to get to know me well, maybe that's best (safest? more balanced?) done in person, in the course of normal life, happening to meet.

But I'd love to have a bunch of conversations with people. That'd be cool. And to hear a variety of people's thoughts on stuff. That seems much more interesting - or wise, at least - than me writing about me.

So here's a first question:

What one 'thing' of yours best represents you?

This is a fun one. I've heard one woman say, 'my passport'; another said 'my planner diary.' My mum reckons it's her recipe book, with recipes from varied friends and decades. Someone else said 'my e-mail sent items folder' while another said 'my bookshelf.'
I have plenty more possibilities if you want ideas, but sometimes it's more fun to come up with them yourself, so I'll leave the list at that for now. Feel free to ask though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost said my CD collection but it's logically organised.

I'd have to say my book collection. There is no logical organisation. I guess the Bibles are all grouped together in a corner and my text books are on the accessible bottom shelf but then that still kinda represents me: partially organised and partially all over the place.

Some books contain wisdom handed to me from various people in my history. Some contain pointless pieces of nothing. It's messy and mostly unorganised, yet held together by the bookcase if that says something :)

narnian-lass said...

Yeah, the CD collection is a contender definitely, but I agree, there's always the question of how to organise it. As you prob'ly remember, mine's done by spine colour to avoid all that alphabetised/genre logic business :-)

Book collection - nice. I'm sure it says a lot. Some are old, some are new but well-used, some are yet un-read... Different genres, some supposedly contradictory - it works well. Cool.